Promoting a healthy and active lifestyle, our Sport for Life Academy introduces students to a variety of different sports and physical activities.
Sport is one of the basic joys of life.
The goal of the Sport for Life Academy is to:
- Provide students with specialized instruction and achieve skills in a variety of sport activities.
- Develop a long-lasting love for sports.
- Improve sports knowledge of rule and gameplay strategies in a variety of activities.
- Increase self-esteem and confidence with new athletic endeavors.
- Promote a passion for physical activity.
- Improve fine motor skills and coordination.
- Build new friendships.
- Develop long-term leadership skills through an emphasis on empowering the student athlete.
- Cultivate teamwork skills and positive role-modeling within the Academy and school community.
The program is available for students in grades 5 through 9 during their health and options periods. Grade 5 students participate on Wednesdays, grade 6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, grade 7 on Mondays and Fridays, and grades 8/9 on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Please print, fill out, and email to email@example.com or submit to the Front Desk.